8/31/11

This Is a Very Special Day!

Hey everyone, hope you are having a great week.  I keep thinking that the weekend is starting, but then remind myself it's only Wednesday.  Why the confusion, you might ask?  Well, this is a very "special" day for The Man.


 He is RETIRING today!!!!  For the last 3 weeks, since we "officially" moved, he has been staying in Yuma to work, only coming "home" on the weekends.  He has had August 31st planned as his "retirement" for awhile now.  He was given a nice "retirement luncheon" yesterday with several of his work friends driving over from Corona, CA (that's where he used to work & is the main branch for the Yuma division) to bid him farewell & to wish him a very "Happy Retirement!"So after a couple of hours in the office this morning, he will be "packing up" & walking out the door for the last time!  

Now he will have plenty of time to get his new workshop set up in our new home.  The "Honey Do List" has been growing by leaps 'n bounds over the last 3 weeks that I've been here by myself!


Now he will have more time for enjoying his "toy," too!

And, hopefully, we will retain these happy faces in all our togetherness!  Believe me, I've heard all the warnings;  and I would be lying if I denied I had apprehensions.  But 42 years of "mostly" sweet bliss has to count for something, so I'm thinking we are going to be just fine.  I mean seriously, we both have our own spaces in our new home where we can go for a "Time Out" if need be!

We are having our first "big" family get-together this coming Sunday.  We will be celebrating 5 birthdays & The Man's retirement.  I am so excited about having everyone here for a day of good fun, food, and FAMILY!  I'll take lots of pictures, I promise.  Now I'm off to make party plans!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing our good news!  Please come again soon.
CAS


14 comments:

  1. Happy Retirement to the "Special" man! I have no doubt that you two will be very happy. You will keep each other busy, and you are closer to those grand-babies, so I bet ya'll will be busier than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is exciting!!! happy retirement to your special man!
    -emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you both! We did this 2 years ago and have enjoyed all the traveling and time together. After 41 yrs. of marriage it was a bit of an adjustment having him home but we stay so busy and active..it's no problem. We have our own spaces, as well.
    Enjoy that new toy! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the hubby!!!! Iknow you will both have a ball with more time together. So glad he will be home with you and all the family. Have a super party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been just the two of us 24/7 for 6 years now and I have to say it is great. As long as you both have your separate interests, you will be fine. Congrats to your hubby and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you and your hubby, CAS. What fun times ahead of you. Your new home is lovely! I just "toured" your kitchen and found it so warm and inviting. I hope you have a wonderful celebration weekend with lots of fun and family.
    God bless,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cas,
    Congratulations to your hubby on his retirement.....love his new toy and his beautiful wife, yall are gonna do just fine. Don't listen to all those nay sayers out there...........lol
    Hubby and I so enjoyed his time off cause it was like being retired, and sort of hated when he had to go back,
    but one day it will happen again.....

    Love your beautiful new kitchen,
    you have done a very nice job with it....so warm and inviting, love those rooster pic to the left of your window, so cute!
    and whow you did make quite the haul shopping that day..........
    bet you have had a ball with that.

    Also loved your foyer, your sewing machine looks perfect there. It looks very cozy and warm. Do you ever tape the cords to the legs of things??? We do that sometimes, but depends on what it is some things are easier than others.....

    So glad to see you are enjoying your new home so much, and know you must be more than excited about the family coming over for the first family get together! Have a great time hon.

    One last question??? The big day is tomorrow for my drawing, did you want to be included, cause you didn't say you did, but wanted to make sure, cause didn't want you to get left out just in case.
    If you could let me know early tomorrow that would be great!!
    Thanks hon,

    Blessings and again Congrats on
    your hubbies retirement and a new
    style of life together!!
    Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cas! 42 years is an accomplishment and a treasure forever

    Wishing you both the happiest years with the entire family

    Can't wait to see the party pics Cas, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how the move has been for you. This HOT weather has probably not helped one bit but after living in Yuma, you may already be used to that. Welcome to Maricopa County and I'm sure you will have many more blessed years. I hope that one day somewhere we will be able to meet. Have a super great weekend. And, congratulations to the retiree.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love my husband being retired, we do what we want and when we want! He is one that never sits still, always doing something! Yes, he likes to putter in the garage and I like to putter on my computer:) So it all works out!
    Congrats to your husband, he has earned it! Have fun with all the family Sunday and I'll be back to see the pics you take!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best wishes on your husband's retirement. What a great feeling that must be! Hope your weekend was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HUGE CONGRATS to your hubby! Let the good times begin...=)

    You two are so cute together! XO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATULATIONS to you both!! What a wonderful day. I can't wait until the day I can retire!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the retirement! Hope you are loving your new home!

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...