8/31/11

This Is a Very Special Day!

Hey everyone, hope you are having a great week.  I keep thinking that the weekend is starting, but then remind myself it's only Wednesday.  Why the confusion, you might ask?  Well, this is a very "special" day for The Man.


 He is RETIRING today!!!!  For the last 3 weeks, since we "officially" moved, he has been staying in Yuma to work, only coming "home" on the weekends.  He has had August 31st planned as his "retirement" for awhile now.  He was given a nice "retirement luncheon" yesterday with several of his work friends driving over from Corona, CA (that's where he used to work & is the main branch for the Yuma division) to bid him farewell & to wish him a very "Happy Retirement!"So after a couple of hours in the office this morning, he will be "packing up" & walking out the door for the last time!  

Now he will have plenty of time to get his new workshop set up in our new home.  The "Honey Do List" has been growing by leaps 'n bounds over the last 3 weeks that I've been here by myself!


Now he will have more time for enjoying his "toy," too!

And, hopefully, we will retain these happy faces in all our togetherness!  Believe me, I've heard all the warnings;  and I would be lying if I denied I had apprehensions.  But 42 years of "mostly" sweet bliss has to count for something, so I'm thinking we are going to be just fine.  I mean seriously, we both have our own spaces in our new home where we can go for a "Time Out" if need be!

We are having our first "big" family get-together this coming Sunday.  We will be celebrating 5 birthdays & The Man's retirement.  I am so excited about having everyone here for a day of good fun, food, and FAMILY!  I'll take lots of pictures, I promise.  Now I'm off to make party plans!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing our good news!  Please come again soon.
CAS


Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...