8/16/11

One Small Victory!

Hey everyone.  I'm still unpacking & trying to decide where everything will go, but I did get one room complete.  Well, it still needs to be painted, but that will wait for awhile.  Even a small victory has made me feel so much better, and that would be my guest bath.

This bath is not fancy by any stretch of the imagination, but it's bright with the glass block window, has double sinks, & a fair amount of storage.

One thing that was totally bugging me, were these little towel hooks.  Now these might work for some people, if you have little kiddos & this is their bathroom.  It was not working for me, however.


Soooo......The Man & I purchased a new towel bar & 2 matching hand-towel rings at Lowe's.  We chose to go with polished chrome because it will work with just about any decor.


The Man filled all the holes, & we will be painting, but that's not a priority right now.


Just before we moved,  I received an email from Rondell @ Something Nice & Pretty that I had won this cute give-away.  She was so sweet to hold off shipping for a few days until I got moved into our new home.  The give-away was this adorable wooden box w/a handle & this vintage Ball/Mason jar.
P7251216
I was pretty sure I would use it in the guest bathroom, but didn't know exactly how I would use it.
Well, this is what I did.  What do you think?


I just tucked in a few little guest shampoos, body lotions, etc. plus some extra hand towels & face cloths.
I just grabbed a bit of faux ivy & this spray of bendy branches to add some height & texture.


Great place for the Q-tips!  Love the tin lid on this jar!


The light fixture is another replacement project, but not a priority.




The towels, art & metal candle holder were all from our old house.



Bought this picture at Kirklands several years ago, & it's perfect with the colors I like for this bath.


My sweet daughter gave me this cute little metal tealight holder.  It, too, works great in this room.


I know, I know, it's a bit early for Halloween;  but these foaming soaps & little candle holder (all from the Bath & Body Shop) were just so cute & worked with my color scheme.



Green Apple Candy -- yummy!


Sour Drop.......these glow in the dark!  The Grands love 'em!


Cute little green monster.......right now he has a "Frosted Cupcake" candle that smells so delish!
The other refills I have are Pumpkin Patch & Spiced Cider.  Anyone in the mood for Fall besides me?


I love this glass block window.


I combined several natural elements that I already had & that happened to be in a box 
I had already opened -- Yay!!!!


So, anyhoo, this is how the room transformed.



Not a "giant leap" for mankind, but definitely a "small-step" for me.  Hope you enjoyed.
I'm happily linking to:

16 comments:

  1. Yay CAS!! Don't forget that every item put away, every empty box is a victory! So this victory isn't so small after all!

    Did you do a victory lap around the bathroom?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN Cas! So nice to see you post. I know you are so very busy and excited these days to be in your new place. Congrats again, and HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good! I know you're excited to have at least one room done. That's one less you have to do. What is it with people & those light fixtures?? We had them in 3 bathrooms when we moved in our house! They've since been replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea with the bottles of shampoo and hand towel! It looks wonderful Cas, so glad you won and it's in a wonderful home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Cas! I love the white paint and the so organized bathroom you are working. It looks so clean and of course elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so fresh and inviting. I love your accessories. You did a wonderful job. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought id say hello and greetings from Lebanon,Pa Amish community. Richard from Amish Stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi CAS,
    Your bathroom looks great! Don't worry, Halloween will be here before you know it, and you'll be ahead of the pack! The colors are so fresh.
    Lovely!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you have time to post?

    Great job!

    Thanks for your visit. So glad that you enjoy my Sunshine Sunflower. It brightens my room!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You must be so excited to have this room decorated. Even without paint you really made it look like a whole new bathroom. And what a great big bathroom it is! I can't wait to see the rest of your house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the move-in! Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the unpacking. It seems like your house is starting to feel like a home for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your new home. Bathroom looks great. One box down is one box less. I really love the cabinets in the garage - nice. Thanks for stopping by blog and becoming a follower. Can't wait to see the rest of your rooms come to together. Happy, fast unpacking! BTW - I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bath looks great! Rondell's prize looks perfect in there, too.

    I am back from my break.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bathroom is looking good! We moved two years ago, and I never want to move again. I really liked your idea of using the blue Ball jar to keep your Q-tips in. That had not occurred to me, but I'm going to copy you now. Hope the unpacking and organizing is continuing to go well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Cass,
    Your bathroom is coming along very nicely. Love the nice vignette you put on the wall, sooo much nicer that the lil kiddie hooks for sure!!
    and really liked what you did with your free goodies, nice touch!
    So glad you are making progress, know it takes time and sometimes seems like forever and a day!! lol

    Come by tomorrow sometime cause I have a surprise for you hon!

    blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete

I truly love to hear from you and try to respond to each and everyone. If you have "no reply blogger," I will respond in my comments section and then visit your blog as soon as I can.

Make this a great day!
Carol

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...