10/27/10

Changes are adrift on the wind.

Hey everyone!  When I say changes are adrift on the wind, I mean literally.  We are having incredible winds today & along with it, much cooler temps.  Yay, it really feels like Fall.  As I was getting dressed this morning, I realized it was actually cool enough for a long-sleeved shirt & pants that came all the way to my feet.  This is quite thrilling to me, since having more of my fluffy/squishiness covered up is much more within my comfort zone.  When I finally sat down to check on my blog, the first thing I noticed was my profile pic.  Well, to be honest with you, that one was about four years old, so I decided to update (or maybe age-date) & let you meet me today.  I had a lot of fun with PhotoBooth & then did some tweaking in PhotoShop (but not that much, really).  I have to say, it used to be very hard for me to show myself wearing glasses (too vain I guess);  but a couple of years ago, I had just had it with the contacts & forced myself to get comfortable with the "specs".  Now I wonder why I let my silliness keep me from being comfortable & actually seeing so much better than I ever did before.  We certainly have some strange hangups as women, don't we?  At least I do.

I haven't had time to do any tablescaping or re-arranging anything.  Lots of other things going on.  My Little Holiday Book   is my constant companion these days as I maneuver through my list of projects.  Spent the last couple of days cutting out quilts, wall hangings & table-runners, which I will be happy to share photos of when they are finished.  My mind starts running at warp-speed this time of year & there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

How about all of you, my dear blog-sisters?  Do you do lots of handmade gifts, baking, decorating?  I'd love to hear how you handle the holiday fun and chaos.  Please share.

Thanks for stopping by & please come back again soon.
Carol
Post a Comment

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...