I received the Stylish Blogger Award from Teresa at Our Southern Country Home and Farm.
Thank you, Teresa, so much. Chances are we will never meet in person, but I wish we could. You are always so sweet in your comments.
Here is how the award works:
1. Thank and link back to the person/persons who awarded you.
2. Tell seven things about your self.
3. Award fifteen recently discovered bloggers with the award.
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about the award.
Seven things about myself:
1. I grew up in Louisiana until age 12, when we moved to Oregon -- culture shock!
2. I've been a stay-at-home mom & wife as much as possible over my 41+ years of marriage.
3. I was a teaching assistant for Emotionally Handicapped Junior High students.
4. I have owned several businesses where I was able to work from our home. The last was a
Newcomer Greeting Service, like Welcome Wagon, but I was the owner/operator.
5. I am rather "freakishly" organized, orderly, and routine-oriented. This could drive an
ordinary man crazy; but, fortunately, I'm married to an extraordinary man who just
accepts me the way I am.
6. I have another blog where I am writing about my life, but have not published a post yet.
It is intended to be self-therapy for me to deal with a lot of sadness. I may or may not
7. I am thrilled at the plans we are making to move closer to our children and grandchildren.
We have never lived close enough to our married children to have an impromptu meal
together, or take a couple of the "grands" for an outing.
This part is difficult because it's really hard for me to chose since I like all of you and feel you all deserve this award a lot more than me; so a special "thank you" to all of you who follow &/or comment on my blog. I truly appreciate each and every one of you.
Now for the 15 "newly discovered" (that would be "new" to me) bloggers:
1. Collectin Texas Gal
2. Beautiful Nest
3. A Bowl Full of Lemons
4. My Domestic Bliss
5. Organizing Made Fun
6. Pretty Handy Girl
7. Purple Chocolate Home
8. Red Couch Recipes
9. Lisa's Room by Room
10. Rusty Rooster Vintage
11. Sew Many Ways
Link to Party Here!
- The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays
- Karen at Sew Many Ways for Sew Darn Crafty
- Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
- Kathryn at The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
- Cindy at Dwellings of the Heart for Amaze Me Monday
- Toni at A Bowl Full of Lemons for One Project at a Time
- Brenda at Cozy Little House for Tweak It Tuesday
- Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesdays
- Maria Elena at Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at Our Home
- Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesay
- Jenny at The NY Melrose Family for Whimsy Wednesdays
- Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
- Pamela at From My Front Porch to Your for Treasure Hunt Thursdays
- Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
- Richella at Imparting Grace for Grace at Home
- Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
- Katie at Katherine's Corner for Thursday Favorite Things
- Amanda at Serenity Now for Weekend Bloggy Reading
- Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
- Jody and Stan at Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet Fridays
- Traci at Beneath My Heart for Best DIY Projects
- Emily at 52 Mantels for Your Mantels